AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Audit: Cannot fix Insertion Point

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Midnight412
914 Views, 3 Replies

Symbol Audit: Cannot fix Insertion Point

I am trying to build a symbol in ACADE 2012 and am having difficulty with the symbol audit telling me that the insertion point is not in line with wire connections. I have tried several attempts to change the insertion point.

1. Using the Symbol Configuration window, where I can setup the Insertion Point by performing "specifiy on screen"or "Pick point". - When I try pick point, I am choosing the exact same location (OSNAP - Midpoint) that I used to insert one of the XTERMS.

2. Using the Close Block Editor: Save Symbol window, changing the Base Point using the same method.

Either way, when I go to insert the symbol in my drawing, the insertion point (also the move component handle) is way off from the symbol itself. (The symbol is out of the drawing boarder and I have to zoom way out to see it when I move the mouse.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: Midnight412

If you can provide the symbol, we can take a look at it and maybe tell you what is wrong.

Having it shoot off like you described is typical of having the symbol's insertion point not at 0,0 in the symbol.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
Midnight412
in reply to: testsubject

testsubject

I ended up recreating the symbol, mostly based on what you described as the insertion point was not at 0,0 on the symbol.

I would like to know, however, why is it that the insertion point is not updated to the selected point when using the sysmbol configuration window? Is there no way to fix a symbol without having to rebuild it?

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Midnight412

Open the symbol as a dwg and type BASE on the command line.

Save the symbol and then UPDATE the block in your electrical dwg.

You will now have the block with an updated insertion point.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost