AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap block - Unsplit Tag to Split Tag

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jean.renaud.grimard
256 Views, 0 Replies

Swap block - Unsplit Tag to Split Tag

Hi,

I've observed that when we swap a block whose Tag is on only one attribute (TAG1, TAG2) to a new block of same type but with split tag, the tag information is lost (we get CR/CR).  This occur with default settings of swap function.

I've thought about doing an attribute mapping list, but it seems too complicated because i do not know all the inner workings of the default setting, and it would be incomplete because (i think) we cannot write something like "merge split attributes into one" in the mapping file, like in the case we swap a split tag to unique tag.

The only "intelligent" possibility in attribute mapping file is wildcard matching, but merging is not a wildcard-related procedure...

Anybody knows if someday that problem will be solved ?

In the meantime, i had to overload the Autocad Electrical API "wd_bswap" to correct that.  The way it works is :  create all needed attributes not present on the block, then let the original api do its work.  For example, if i only have TAG1 on the block, the TAG1_PART1, TAG1_PARTX and TAG1_PART2 will be added, then TAG1 value will be copied into TAG1_PART1, afterwards the original swap API will be called.  It will find match between old block and new block split tags, then will not lost TAG information.  I also added some code to split the tag.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost