AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap Block Function - Swapping template title block/borders

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
STEVENAR
674 Views, 4 Replies

Swap Block Function - Swapping template title block/borders

Hi,

I have used this function to update title blocks on projects and it has worked for me with no problems occurings. However that is when I do not need to update the border. I now need to update the title block and border template. This function does not work for me on this occasion. I think it's because the border is not a block. Can someone please advise how this can be done.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lionSG
in reply to: STEVENAR

I believe you need to convert the border into a block first. Then you can update both the title block and border block together. But you need to modify the project.wdt file as well to add in the new border blk and its attributes. For Example: BLOCK=TITLEBLOCK,TITLEBORDER TITLE1=LINE1 TITLEBORDER1=LINE1 ........ I am also trying to find the best way to create my titleblock as well. Hopes this helps.
Message 3 of 5
Nata_ly

As you can see in Template folder there are many templates of different formats. So what I can advise (and what I activly use) it's make all necessary templates like ACE do. Border+title, all in one block. It could take some time but it's really useful!

Message 4 of 5
STEVENAR
in reply to: lionSG

Thanks for your reply.

I have done as you said and it seems to update the template border & title block. However when you try to run an update on the title blocks attributes, it says wdt.file not found. However when I explode the drawing, undo and then run the titleblock update, the title block attributes are updated. Strange!!

Can you advise why this is happening?

Message 5 of 5
adrien_levasseur

By my side, i use a block ACADE_TITLE with the invisible attribute WD_TB.
The WD_TB make the link with your attribute as the project.wdt does.

Why not using this method ?

I do remember you need to write a line in your wdt file in order to make it search inside a block....

For me, should be :

BLOCK = ACADE_TITLE

But might be the block needs to be purged...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost