AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion - Re: Drawing / Project Settings Updates

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
397 Views, 1 Reply

Suggestion - Re: Drawing / Project Settings Updates

I often run into situations where a drawing setting is changed and this setting should have been copied to the project settings.  I realize there's a "Settings Compare" function, but this function becomes arduous to run on every drawing.

AutoDesk,

Please set up a "monitor" function that checks for drawing / project setting differences automatically.  The user could then be asked if they want the drawing setting applied to the entire project.  Once those differences are acknowledged and accepted, the system would ignore them until a setting is changed again.

Casey H.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Use settings compare and click to force the project properties to match the drawing properties of the drawing with properties you prefer. Next, from the Project Manager, select all drawings in your project using Shift or Ctrl. Right-click over any drawing that was selected and select Properties. From this flyout menu choose to Apply Project Defaults.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost