AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggested work flow for cable export to Inventor

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tmoxam
163 Views, 0 Replies

suggested work flow for cable export to Inventor

I created a cable in inventor but, it became confusing when the circuit became cluttered with the insertion of splices. So i removed the harness, created a new one (with no wires) and opened Electrical to create a schematic for the same cable.  I placed all the wires and exported the wirelist to Inventor. I then noticed that my splices didn't transfer from Electrical. I fixed up the schematic and tried again. This time the splices transferred but, inventor is asking me to relate each "Elec" splice to an "Inv" splice. I don't have any wires or splices in Inventor to relate, this was kind of the point, to populate Inventor from Electrical.

So......obviously i am not aware of the work flow that these two programs would prefer. Can you provide some hints or checklist of the steps required in each program prior to the export/import so that the wirelist may be transferred seamlessly? Kind of an " Inventor import for Dummies" Smiley Wink

thanx for any help

Tim Moxam - Senior Mechanical Designer
Windows 7 64 bit
Inventor 2012 Professional
Dell T1600 CPU E31245 @ 3.30GHz
8 GB RAM
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost