AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

JamieJ
Message 1 of 2 (100 Views)

Sub Panel Layout

100 Views, 1 Replies
03-16-2004 10:26 AM
I'm new to using AutoCAD Electrical. I notice that you can layout your panel but not the sub panel. For example: showing the location of the terminal blocks, wire ways and PLC location. Does this all have to be drawn manually?
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 2 of 2 (100 Views)

Re: Sub Panel Layout

03-17-2004 07:28 AM in reply to: JamieJ
I am not sure about your question. You would use the panel layout to layout the door (switches & knobs) and the panel (PLC, terminals, components). These would just be located on separate drawings.To show detail, (in case the panel is large relative to the drawing size) I do the panel layout and then create separate drawings for each detail view, xref the original, and zoom in on the detail. That way any changes made to the original are automatically updated in the detail drawing.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale
AE user since 1997
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.