AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-assemblies

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
190 Views, 1 Reply

Sub-assemblies

I am trying to assign a part to a female plug with the male plug as a subassy.
Both plugs have different part numbers since at times they may be used individually.
I cannot get the subassy part to show up on any report, so I don't think it is there.
Can Anybody help?

Thanks
Chad
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Chad,

You have to use assembly codes, which are user-defined. When you put in the catalog info for your female plug, down toward the bottom of the dialog box are two boxes, one labeled "As main->sub", the other labeled "As sub". For the female plug, you put some code that helps you identify the sub-assembly (sometimes I use part of the sub assembly's part number), then add the catalog info for the male plug, and put the exact code in the "As sub" box. Now, when you assign the catalog number, they will be matched up. If you wish to see all of the sub-assembly numbers, there is a button to check (Sub asmb vals in pulldowns.) which is just above the Quick BOM Chk button. You can have multiple sub assemblies, as long as all the same "As sub" code.

CLear as mud???

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost