AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stringp nil error message when trying to generate Drawing List Report - HELP

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
npvp27
9486 Views, 11 Replies

Stringp nil error message when trying to generate Drawing List Report - HELP

When I try to generate Drawing List report I get stringp nil error. It start happening after I was formating the output fields for the report. I wanted Drawing List report to show all available columns, and when I selected all to be visiable in the report, I got stringp nil error, when trying to generate the report. Now I can't even get to the step where I can custumize the report. Does anybody have any ideas how can I overcome this problem and be able to generate Drawing List Report again. I attached the notes of my 3 attempts to generate the Drawing List Report. I don't have invisible wd-tb file, but I do have titleblock maping file. So that is not the problem, plus it worked like that before I expanded all the fields for the Report...?

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Gaituuth
in reply to: npvp27

Hi,

I have experienced this error as well. You have to delete the following files in the folder:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support\User

DWGLST._MP

DWGLST.TMP

Good Luck

Message 3 of 12
npvp27

Hi,

Thank you so much for replying to my post, however the only two files that I found with that name are with the extensions: .dcl and .lsp:

dwglst.dcl and

dwglst.lsp

Unfortunatly, I cant test that these are the files I need to remove, as I don't have administrative rights, so it's not letting me remove the files. Do you know if these could be the files you are reffering to in ACADE2009. I have 2009 version of AutoCAD. Another strange thing about it is that the last modified date for these two files is 2008, but no other files with that name are comming up in my serch...here is the path where I found them:

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Documents\Autodesk\Autocade 2009\Support

Thanks again for your help!

Message 4 of 12
testsubject

I may be remembering this wrong but in the past I thought you had to have Admin rights to use Autocad Electrcial because of all the writes that are performed. Is that still true? That could be your problem...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 12

You should not delete the .lsp and .dcl files. These are required. It is possible there is some problem in the report's format file which has a .SET extension. For this report it is called DWGLST.SET.

It will be in your user folder. You can find your user folder by right-clicking on a project in Project manager and clicking Settings. In the upper part of the dialog it will show the User subdirectory.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 12
npvp27
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Thank you very much for your reply. I have located the file dwglst.set. How can I fix that file, or check if there is something wrong with it? Thank you in advance
Message 7 of 12
npvp27

Thank you very much for your reply. I have located the file dwglst.set. How can I fix that file, or check if there is something wrong with it?

Thank you in advance
Message 8 of 12
PatMurnen_Adsk

I don't think it is feasible to fix this file. It is easiest to delete the file and let AcadE recreate it. Once you delete it, run the report. It will be back to the default as far as which fields are included in the report initially, the order, etc. Then go into the Change Report Format and set it up the way you want. This recreates the dwglst.set file automatically when you OK. Then from that point on your format is used when you run this report.

This one report is different than just about all the other reports because the available fields can change if you change your title block setup. So if the title block setup is changed the .set file may be out of sync with the actual fields in the report and you might need to do this again. If the title block setup does not change then the .set file will stay in sync and there should be no problem.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
npvp27
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Yes, thank you that worked. I deleted the .set file and now everything is back to normal!!! Thank you very much, again!

Message 10 of 12
PatMurnen_Adsk

Glad that worked.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12

sir good day!....i cant open my file....when trying to open the file there is a command that says Stringp nil....please help me sir....thank you

Message 12 of 12

Hi,

Is this related to the original post regarding the Drawing List report? Or are you saying you get this error every time you open any drawing? Or it is specific to one drawing? What version of AutoCAD Electrical are you using?

If it isn't related to the Drawing List report I would recommend starting a new thread and providing as much detail as possible.

If you get the error opening any drawing, then I would recommend resetting AutoCAD Electrical to the defaults.

1. Close AutoCAD Electrical

2. On Windows Start menu: All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD Electrical {version}

3. Reset Settings to Default

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost