AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem with Terminal Strip Editor (TSE) and multiple catalog items

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
testsubject
224 Views, 1 Reply

Strange problem with Terminal Strip Editor (TSE) and multiple catalog items

I have been having this problem for some time but have been dealing with it until I could address it.

I am using 3 tier terminals and associating all three terminals in the schematic (I prefer doing it that way).

I have modified my terminals to have 2 items for the Multiple catalog entry prefilled in. (This required adding MFG01, MFG02, CAT01, CAT02, CNT01, CNT02, WDBLKNAM01, and WDBLKNAM02 to each symbol)

There are a couple of strange things happening.

When I try to insert the terminal strip, the proper number of items from the multiple  Catalog list are not being inserted for the multiple catalog items.

For all terminals the Qty for the Multiple Catalog items are 1 for item 01 and 3 for  item 02.

When inserted, one of the terminals will report a quantity of 3 for 01 and 1 for 02. It is totally random which terminal block has the quantities switched.

I systematically removed 1 terminal block from the schematic and re-inserted the terminal strip. If the terminal that was removed had the swapped quantities, the swapped quantities moved to a different terminal. This continued to happen for each removed terminal.

This is driving me crazy. I have attached the drawing in question that this is happening on. I even went so far as to strip out any unused XDATA items (using an app that Nate created called xdbegone.lsp) but no help.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: testsubject

I belive someone from Autodesk should take this. Too time consuming to have a look at for me right now 😄

Let's hope we get the escalate option in this forum as well 🙂

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost