AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Parametric PLC Behaviour

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dbrblg
520 Views, 6 Replies

Strange Parametric PLC Behaviour

I have been playing around with the parametric PLC feature in ACADE and am getting some strange results.  I created a test symbol and filled in the Module Specification under the Database Editor, as you can see from the attached, but when I place the symbol on a drawing everything is twice the size it should be.

The image to the left of the result image is with the default settings.  All the dimensions are twice what it should be.  I've inserted them with a scale of 1 and made sure the scaling factor is also 1. 

In addition I added 10 to the top dimension under the Module Box Dimensions expecting it to have some relationship to the Style Box Dimension but this was not the case. 

What actually is the difference between the Module Box Dimensions and the Style Box Dimensions?  Why define them twice?

Does anyone know why I would be getting dimensions which are twice as big as what they should be?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mathalekar
in reply to: dbrblg

Hello David,

Can you share your project with us ? The scaling you are talking about is in Insert Parametric PLC setting, i believe. This is a scaling factor at component level. I am not sure what is your drawing level scale setting. The scaling at drawing level will override the project level scale option. Please see the attached image. I am not 100% if the issue is with scale settings at drawing level to be precise still i just want to check if it is the case. if the scale options are perfectly fine, i would be interested to get your dataset to try out at our end. You can mail me the dataset to my official address mayuresh.athalekar@autodesk.com

Message 3 of 7
Jon.Dean
in reply to: mathalekar

Did Mayuresh's reply help you resolve this issue?

If not, could you please attach the project as requested by Mayuresh.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 4 of 7
dbrblg
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Hi guys, sorry for the late response, i've been out and about with work.

Thanks very much for the pointer towards the scaling factor, it appears to be set to 2 (I have no idea why or how this was done) and setting it to 1 has fixed the problem.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Jon.Dean
in reply to: dbrblg

Thanks for the update and glad you resolved your issue.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 6 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Jon.Dean

To answer one of the original questions you asked - "What actually is the difference between the Module Box Dimensions and the Style Box Dimensions? "

The Style Box Dimensions define default values that are used for each of the available graphic styles. These apply to all modules that are drawn using that graphics style unless the module itself has dimensions defined in the Module Box Dimensions.

The Module Box Dimensions apply only to the module defined on. If these values are present they override what is defined for the style in the Style Box Dimensions. If left blank, the module uses the Style Box Dimension values for the graphics style being used.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
dbrblg
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi Pat, 

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost