AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting From Scratch

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
582 Views, 1 Reply

Starting From Scratch

Hello,

I have just started using AutoCAD Electrical 2014. I am trying to create a new project with a new title block and a new template. I cannot find a way to simply start everything from scratch. I don't want to import settings/values from another template. I don't want to copy setting/attributes from another block. I don't want to copy settings/attributes from another project. I don't even want to use the default values.

I'm coming from AutoCAD Mechanical 2008. I was able to create new drawings and such without all these prompts to import/copy settings. Is there any way around this?

I've completed all the tutorials for Projects, Title Blocks, and Wiring, but they always had me copy settings and templates from the files provided in the tutorial. I've searched Google as well as the native Autodesk help in AutoCAD Electrical, yet I still can't find a way to simply start from scratch. Am I missing something here?

I also noticed that I couldn't clear out the Projects list - it would allow me to remove all but one default project (WDDEMO). I also wasn't able to create a new project unless I had a drawing open in the default project, which I have no idea how that makes any sense. Why would you need to have a drawing open in order to create a project?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
electricman1
in reply to: Anonymous

The Project Manager in ACADE is there to manage multiple drawing files. ACADE puts as much data into each drawing file (aka smart blocks). Project Manager will know where to look for information only if it knows which files are to be included in a project.

The project file *.wdp holds many other settings plus the .dwg file names. Open the WDDEMO.wdp with a text editor and you will see what I am talking about.

The Project Manager will not allow all of the projects to be removed from the list. The WDDEMO may be left there for a reason. There will be some things about ADADE that may not be preferable, but will take some time to get used to.

For beginners I recommend trying this website: www.racklayout.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost