AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard circuit breaker

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
johnq
423 Views, 1 Reply

Standard circuit breaker

I need to understand how ACE creates a 2 or three leg CB from the standard symbols.

I have used a standard CB from the supplied library as a learning exercise by importing it into the symbol builder.

I then made some modifications that are required by my company but it soes not work like the generic CB.

What makes the standard CB symbol build up, down left or right as required?

A second requirement is that I need a 4 pole CB.

Some mining company electrical engineers are starting to require that the neutral be switched.  They are discovering that long electrical runs have the potential for the neutral to to have some voltage. 

Hence I need to be able to draw a 4 pole breaker like the default breakers.

My testing was to draw a 4 wire bus using the multiple bus tool and the tool stops at 3 wires when I inset a CB.

Also what makes the contacts of a CB the parent and the coil a child?

The standard CB has the contact as a TAB2.  I thought this made the symbol and child.

I have a lot to learn.

Cheers  jq

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: johnq

Go to the Tips/Tricks page of my web site.  Click on the exercise entitled, Adding a 4-Pole Circuit Breaker to the Icon Menu.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost