AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stand alone cross reference won't update across drawings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
278 Views, 5 Replies

stand alone cross reference won't update across drawings

I created:

HA7S1_REF.DWG - (SOURCE)
HA7D1_REF.DWG - (DESTINATION)

I insert both into the same drawing, it works fine. When insert the source into sheet2 drawing and the destination into sheet 16 drawing and they won't update. If I insert the source into sheet1 drawing the destination WILL update on sheet16.

If I insert a relay coil into sheet2 drawing and a contact into sheet16 drawing, when i go to assign the parent coil, it is not in the list. I click on freshen and still won't find the coil.

it seems to me my project won't find anything on sheet2 drawing. all cross refences from sheet2 to sheet2 are working properly. all the drawings are in the same project. I'm running acade 2006.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patch61
in reply to: Anonymous

Is your Sheet 2 marked as 'reference only' in the Project Manager? Right click on the drawing in the Project Manager list and select 'Properties'. There is a checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box that comes up.

-Steve
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

good suggestion. but no, they are not marked for reference only.

thanks.
Message 4 of 6
Patch61

Here are my steps for a typical Source & Destination:

1. Insert Source.
2. Run Automatic Wire Numbers utility.
3. Save drawing.
4. Open drawing to contain the Destination.
5. Select 'Rebuild Project Database' from the Projects menu, doing a full rebuild and include wire connection processing.
6. Insert Destination.
7. Run Automatic Wire Numbers utility.
8. Save drawing.

This may not be necessary every time, but I do it anyway because this is less aggravating than finding something that didn't take the first time. However, I am blessed with a fast computer here at work and the rebuild time is negligible. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck!
-Steve
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

i tried previously to do 'Rebuild Project Database' and that wasn't working. I didn't go through your steps but you did get me thinking, so i went ahead and completely deleted the project database so that is would be recreated. that seemed to have worked.

thanks for the help.
Message 6 of 6
chubby-1

Under "Drawing Configuration and Defaults" , go into cross reference format "Setup" and see if anything is listed in the "Inter-drawing cross reference" format box......You will probably need to check both drawings. If nothing is listed in that box then NO interdrawing cross referenceing will happen. Hope this helps.

Marty

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost