AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet to PLC Utility

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
malisar01
480 Views, 5 Replies

Spreadsheet to PLC Utility

Hello all I am.relatively new to ACADE. Is there a way to have multiple (Input & Output) PLC on one ladder using spreadsheet? Instead of using spreadsheet to load one module per ladder. Thanks for the help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: malisar01

As far as I know, this is not possible using two Parametric PLC's.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
malisar01
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank you for replying.  I was hoping there was a formula I could use in excel that would do that.  Something to work on. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: malisar01

When you run the Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility, on the dialog that pops up after you pick your spreadsheet there are options in the middle in a section labelled Module Placement. If you pick "Same ladder only if module fits" then as long as the module fits you can have multiple modules built in the same ladder. Or you can pick the option "Fill ladder - allow module breaks" where even if the whole module doesn't fit, if there is still room on the ladder the module is broken placing as much as fits on one ladder and the rest on the next ladder\drawing. If you always use certain options make sure to save your settings so you can restore them any time you use the utility.

Maybe I  misunderstood your question?

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

Or maybe I misunderstood?

I thought he meant to stack parametric PLC's on top of each other, like this:

2014-08-20_09-30-20.png

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 6
malisar01
in reply to: rhesusminus

Yes what you have in the picture is what I was trying to ask. The ability/formula to use in excel with PLC Utility and letting the utility place an input and output on one ladder. Im doing this for work so cant go into details. The way I've been using the PLC utility is letting it place one module for example an input then when utility is.finished I place the output module. I was curious if there was a way to have utility to place both at once. Thanks for your responses I appreciate it greatly 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost