AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet to PLC IO Utility problems... ACADE 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BillKortens6792
485 Views, 1 Reply

Spreadsheet to PLC IO Utility problems... ACADE 2012

I am having problems with the spreadsheet to plc io utility. 

Problem #1:

My current setup is set to insert 3 devices on an AB 1756-OB16E module (terminal/relay coil/terminal). The spreadsheet has been modified to include CAT and MFG data for the devices. But, when the utility runs, it seems to ignore the "pinlist" and "terminal properties".  If I insert the terminals manually, the catalog data dictates a multi-level terminal, but when I run the utility this info is not there, but the CAT and MFG data shows up. With the relay coil, I have the same problem, but its missing the pinlist info. Again, it shows up if I insert it manually. Is there a way to get this to generate my schematic page with devices that have all their information?

Problem #2:

When I insert a PLC module that requires a break, the "TAG_1" attribute on the child comes in really small and out of position. If I insert this same module manually, everything comes in perfect.  Is there a solution for this?

Big thanks to anyone who can help with this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I will have to dig into the lisp function to see if the issues are shortcomings in the feature or caused by something else. Can you post some sample files, i.e.. project .wdp, drawing with PLC inserted manually, and your spreadsheet you are using? Or you can send the files to me directly at pat.murnen@autodesk.com. .

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost