AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aikorob
520 Views, 2 Replies

Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility

I watched the recent webcast on this subject, as well as perusing Nate Holt's blog on the same subject.
First---thanks for the timely instruction from both sources

I am teaching myself the nuances of ACADe; and I have run into some problems with this utility.

I used the default .xls file as a starting point.
I have an AB 1769-IF4 analog module with a Slot 4 address. I have 3 Wika 4-20mA pressure transducers wired to the first 3 inputs. These are 2 wire transducers.I have searched through the .dat files for a block code to insert for these---any suggestions?

I have an AB 1769-IT6 thermocouple module with a Slot5 address. I have 6 type J thermocouples to the inputs. In the "D1BLK" column; I entered "HTC1L" this gave me 2 TC symbols with 1 leg wired to the positive terminal of each channel. I did a little more digging, and I changed that value to"HTC1l|XWXW". This gave me only 1 TC symbol wired to the positive terminal. How can I get the other leg of the TC to connect to the negative channel?

The first slot is occupied by an AB 1769-SDN DeviceNet scanner. I have ABCAD loaded, so it pulls up that drawing when I insert it into a panel. How can I get the spreadsheet utility to recognize this module also.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hanchris
in reply to: aikorob

The spreadsheet to PLC Utility I believe might be one of the most complex tools in AutoCAD: Electrical and one I have not had much time to experiment with.

But if I understand your issue, "How can I get the spreadsheet utility to recognize this module also?", then I believe your problem is this module is not in the PLC database, which is a whole other beast to tackle. However, it is do-able, just takes a lot of patience. :o)
Message 3 of 3
aikorob
in reply to: aikorob

I edited the database and added the SDN module---not very difficult once I figured out the parameters.

I have manually created a TC block,inserted it, and made a wire to connect to the negative terminal of each channel. The standard TC symbols have the wrong spacing on the leads. Sur would be nice to do this automatically.

Still working on the analog problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost