AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Contributor
MTSII
Message 1 of 6 (218 Views)
Accepted Solution

Splitting Terminal Length in TSE

218 Views, 5 Replies
02-21-2014 07:01 AM
Is it possible to split one terminal length into two separate lengths? ie. The strip generated in TSE is 18" long and I have two 10" din rails available. Can a split be inserted into the terminal block to generate two rails of 9" each OR create a split separating AC from DC terminals? each to their own terminal length.
Thanks Doug, I had a feeling that was the answer.
*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 6 (213 Views)

Re: Splitting Terminal Length in TSE

02-21-2014 08:23 AM in reply to: MTSII
No split, but after you insert the strip you can manually move the portion you wish to be on a different rail. It doesn't break the intelligence. I split terminal strips after insertion to insert other devices. It presents no problem. If you later edit and rebuild the strip it will revert to its original insertion location. Just move the ones you need to move, like before.
Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Contributor
MTSII
Message 3 of 6 (209 Views)

02-21-2014 09:15 AM in reply to: dougmcalexander
Thanks Doug, I had a feeling that was the answer.
*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 4 of 6 (204 Views)

02-21-2014 09:18 AM in reply to: MTSII
The beauty of the panel layout is that you can reposition footprints as needed without breaking the intelligence. The intelligence is within the attributes and xdata that are part of the blocks.
Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 5 of 6 (190 Views)

02-21-2014 10:55 AM in reply to: MTSII

One item to note when using the TSE:

If you make a change to the terminal strip after ballooning all the items (like adding or removing a terminal) you will have to re-balloon the strip when done because the balloons don't match up anymore. There is really not much you can do about it just something to be aware of...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 6 of 6 (165 Views)

02-23-2014 03:23 PM in reply to: MTSII

Just be sure to add the appropriate end stops, end plates/dividers and other required accessories at the break point. This will then include those extra components and give you a better visual guide on what footprints to move.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.