AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Terminal Length in TSE

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MTSII
457 Views, 5 Replies

Splitting Terminal Length in TSE

Is it possible to split one terminal length into two separate lengths? ie. The strip generated in TSE is 18" long and I have two 10" din rails available. Can a split be inserted into the terminal block to generate two rails of 9" each OR create a split separating AC from DC terminals? each to their own terminal length.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dougmcalexander
in reply to: MTSII

No split, but after you insert the strip you can manually move the portion you wish to be on a different rail. It doesn't break the intelligence. I split terminal strips after insertion to insert other devices. It presents no problem. If you later edit and rebuild the strip it will revert to its original insertion location. Just move the ones you need to move, like before.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
MTSII
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks Doug, I had a feeling that was the answer.
Message 4 of 6
dougmcalexander

The beauty of the panel layout is that you can reposition footprints as needed without breaking the intelligence. The intelligence is within the attributes and xdata that are part of the blocks.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
testsubject

One item to note when using the TSE:

If you make a change to the terminal strip after ballooning all the items (like adding or removing a terminal) you will have to re-balloon the strip when done because the balloons don't match up anymore. There is really not much you can do about it just something to be aware of...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 6 of 6
Icemanau

Just be sure to add the appropriate end stops, end plates/dividers and other required accessories at the break point. This will then include those extra components and give you a better visual guide on what footprints to move.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost