AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spacing in TSE

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
183 Views, 4 Replies

Spacing in TSE

What exactly does the tse use to determine the spacing between blocks. The reason im asking is because we use a certain phoenix two high tb that has an offset second level. I have tried all kinds of different things with the block to get them to overlap properly and I cant seem to figure out exactly what autocad uses to determine the spacing of the blocks. If I knew this I might be able to minipulate the block in my favor.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

When I created some custom terminal blocks, if I remember correctly, I solved the insertion specing problem by carefully selecting the insertion point for the block I created. When I was selecting the center of the block, my block was inserted with a distance to the other terminals (and overlaping with the ones on top). I took note of what that distance was (by creating a line) and when I created the block again, I used that line to offset my center. That did the trick for me.
Message 3 of 5

huh, see I did that and If youd look at the attachment the top two terminals are what it looked like. The bottom two are what its supposed to look like.
Message 4 of 5

If you look at the attachment, I think that is how AutoCAD is seeing your block, as a big rectangle. What you want to have is an overlapping of those two rectangles. I don't know how to do that. What I said above solves the problem of spacing between two different types of terminals.

Sorry I couldn't help.
Message 5 of 5

Yes, what crislem is saying is correct. TSE looks at the extents of the
block to figure out where to put the next terminal. It doesn't know if the
next terminal should overlap the previous terminal or not. It assumes that
the two terminals will just butt up against one another. I will log this as
a wish list for now.

Thanks,
Mike

wrote in message
news:5791184@discussion.autodesk.com...
huh, see I did that and If youd look at the attachment the top two terminals
are what it looked like. The bottom two are what its supposed to look like.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost