AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source/Dsstination arrows at both the side of the component

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jigar4Electronics
307 Views, 4 Replies

Source/Dsstination arrows at both the side of the component

Hi,

I am using Autocad Electrical 2013.

I am trying to add source and destination arrow to wires of selector switch (one at either side).
I am able to add the destination arrow at the one end of the selector switch
But not at the another end.

Is it like, we can not add destination arrow both side of the component?
Because I am able to add source arrow instead of destination arrow on that another side of the component.
And it is happenning with all components.

Please help ASAP.

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I can't duplicate the issue.  I just inserted a selector switch and added a destination arrow to each side, fed from two source arrows.  The software will prevent you from connecting more than one source to the same destination, to avoid a short circuit, but you can connect the same source to multiple destinations (i.e. power distribution).

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
sonny3g
in reply to: Jigar4Electronics

Couple of questions, is this a custom symbol, if so, are the termination points identified as the same terminal (is it a passthrough symbol where it passes the wire number through the device)?  Are both lines you are attaching a destination arrow to designated as a wire?  Is there a jumper that connects the two wires you are attaching a destination arrow to?  Are you trying to add a second source arrow to a wire that already has a source wire attached?  Do the wires you are attaching a destination arrow to have a fixed wire number associated with them?

These are the common problems that I have run into when attaching source/destination arrows.  Hope it helps.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 4 of 5

I get it solved.

somehow, the destination arrow was deleted from my library.

and thats why I was not able to add destination there.

Thank for all the inputs.

Message 5 of 5

That will do it. That's why I like to use the actual arrow style. You can tell by the direction of the arrow in relation to the wire whether it is a source or a destination.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost