AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source destinaton arrows...

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
CAD-ICE
728 Views, 7 Replies

Source destinaton arrows...

Hi there,

I have an issue when inserting source/destination arrows.

For some reason my ACADE (2012) inserts previously defined symbols instead of the standard symbols that are delivered in the IEC2 library? Even if I use the symbol update block tool I still get the wrong block on my drawing (see attached picture). There must be some sort of setting where it´s defined what block the software uses...but I cant seem to find it. In my drawing properties I have set the arrow style to 1 for your information.

Thanks and regards, Gary

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dougmcalexander
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Update block will only work when the block name is exactly the same.  Delete all arrows and purge the drawing of all unused blocks.  This should allow fresh symbols from the assigned library to be inserted.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 8
CAD-ICE
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hi Dough,

I have tried what you said that is deleted all arrows and purged the drawing but still with the same result!

I have double checked the library path and the path´s are in order. So that´s why I´m confused...?

Attached is one of dwg´s from the project I´m working on.

Thank´s again for looking into this.

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 8
dougmcalexander

I ran the update block utility and it replaced your arrows with the ones from my IEC library.  Someone must have changed the symbols in your library folder. Drawing attached.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 8
CAD-ICE

That is really somewhat unbelievable? I have tried the same thing even on several IEC2 libraries from different versions that I´m certain of being original symbols. I alway´s get the same result, the refererence is ok, but no arrows?

Thank´s again and regards, Gary

Message 6 of 8
dougmcalexander

We are dealing with computers here.  It's amazing that the richest man in the world got there with an imperfect product.

Doug McAlexander

Message 7 of 8
CAD-ICE

Hi again Dough!

for some reason when I was updating the symbol the old symbol pointed to a library path from another project?

I didn´t notice it since the path was wery similar to the default path in this project.

Sorry for dragging you into this...and thank´s again for helping me out.

Regards, Gary

Message 8 of 8
dougmcalexander

No problem Gary.  I'm glad to help.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost