AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source/Destination database

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pjs6557
482 Views, 2 Replies

Source/Destination database

Hi

I have a project which has been created in 2010 and now it is on a different machine with 2013 and XP. What I am finding is that the source destination arrow references no longer update. If I add a new arrow and open the 'view existing project ' option it is empty. I can see the project database file being created in what ever directory I point it at  and I can open said database and see all of the references in the SIF table. I have performed a full rebuild etc. If I create a new reference on a new wire and reference this on another new wire it all works fine. 

Why do they not update in the project?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lionSG
in reply to: pjs6557

Have you try install the AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Project Manager Hotfix?

Dunno if this can fix your issue.

Message 3 of 3
algerj
in reply to: pjs6557

Hi Pjs6557,

Ok, there are a few things you can try.

1. Update to SP1 if you have not done so.

a) Apply any Hotfixes that you think might help...

2. Ensure you are pointing to the New database in your Project... Project properties file paths...

If you didn't keep their old library paths (the paths for 2010 in your case) and simply used the default electrical paths (for 2013), you will just need to change them. for some reason it stops the update if the paths are not correct. (it shouldn't really care as the reference were already created in the Scratch Database.. but it does complain.)

3. Try updating the signal Reference. 

a) Try running a project -wide update only toggle on "Wire Number and Signal Tag /Retag"

b) Try Running A Signal Cross Reference Update (Schematic > Edit wire/ wire numbers dropdown > "Update Signal References"

4.  If you think the database is buggered (it happens) the best way to fix it is to unload the drawing (remove Drawings from the Project) and re-add them (using the add Drawings Tool). 

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost