AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
CAD-ICE
Message 11 of 18 (299 Views)

Re: Source-destination arrows issues...

06-07-2012 02:52 PM in reply to: testsubject

Hi again Bob,

I use the subsection value for the next sheet value also displaye in the customers titleblock so that´s irrelevant to the problem with the signal arrows. The signalcodes were inserted one by one in this project and are not copies from another project so that´s not causing the problem. Everything was actually working fine until I inserted two pages and did an update of signalreference! After I inserted these two pages, the signal reference update does not update although if surfing a corresponding signal arrow, the sheet and linereference are correct but the XREF attribute is not??

The answer to your question, I did not change then names of the signalcodes and the two extra pages being added got fresh unique signalcodes.

For your information I have attached a picture showing a surf window on a destination arrow in my project. The destination arrow is actually placed on sheet 04 in line ref. 0 which is correct. The source arrow sheet, reference in the surf window is shown as 03,9 also correct (sheet no.3 line ref.9) while the XREF attribute on the drawing show´s the old reference i.e. 4.01.9 which means section 4, sheet no.01 and line ref. 9. As you can see there is an offset of 2 pages for some reason??

I hope this gives you some clues of what´s causing this...

Regards, Gary 

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 12 of 18 (293 Views)

06-07-2012 08:22 PM in reply to: CAD-ICE
Gary,
Go ahead and send me and the two new drawings plus the "upstream" and"downstream" drawings so that I can try and duplicate your problem.
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 13 of 18 (286 Views)

06-07-2012 10:33 PM in reply to: CAD-ICE

Did you go through and update the Sheet numbers or resequence the sheets altogether on the older dwgs?

I believe that ACADE uses the Sheet Reference in the dwg properties in the XREF settings. If these are still the old readings, then you will get the result you have.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

CAD-ICE
Message 14 of 18 (281 Views)

06-08-2012 03:15 AM in reply to: testsubject

Hi Bob,

attached are the files requested.

The two new files added are A04_105.dwg & A04_106.dwg. The sequence of these dwgs is as follows:

1. A04_105
  2. A04_106
  3. A04_06
  4. A04_07
  5. A04_08

I hope you figure out some sort of solution for this.

Thank´s again for helping me out.

Regards, Gary

CAD-ICE
Message 15 of 18 (279 Views)

06-08-2012 04:23 AM in reply to: Icemanau

Hello Brad,

yes we tried everything especially making sure that the sheetnumber sequence was in order.

I also exported all the signalreferences to Excel to make sure that the signalcodes between source and destination arrows are unique which they are.

Thank´s and regards, Gary

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 16 of 18 (274 Views)

06-08-2012 10:56 AM in reply to: CAD-ICE

Gary,

This was a real tricky one.

It has to do with the Source/Destination .dwgs that you created. There is a funny thing (NOT funny haha) about ACE symbols. The X#TERM## attribute needs to be anchored to a line. The other signal arrow styles (1 to 4) have the X1TERM01 (for example) attached to an already existing line in the symbol. The ones you created (looks like you took signal arrow style 1and just removed the arrows) are missing this line. There needs to be one there and it does not have to be very long. It should go back along the line (so it will not be seen.) After I added it to HA5D3, the symbol worked correctly. I am surprised that this has not come up before. This has been one of those things that have been part of the ACE symbols for a very long time.

I must say, this was a real challenge. It took me a lot longer than I expected because I forgot about the X#TERM## "tail" needing to be on the symbol.

I tested it with drawing A04_07 and it had no trouble updating A04_06 and back again.

I would recommend editing HA5D1 - 4 and HA5S1 - 4 and adding the stub. Then you can use Update/Swap block followed by update signal references to fix all the drawings.

Have fun! :smileylol:

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
CAD-ICE
Message 17 of 18 (259 Views)

06-13-2012 02:56 PM in reply to: testsubject

HI Bob and thank´s alot for the tip.

How the h... did you figure this one out??

Sorry for not replying earlier...I have been on a short vacation and just managed to check my e-mail.

Thanks again for your devoted support to this forum...you deserve a medal from Autodesk :smileyhappy:

Regards, Gary

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 18 of 18 (258 Views)

06-13-2012 03:22 PM in reply to: CAD-ICE

I came across this years ago and Nate helped me figure it out. It has been so long since I had to deal with it though that I forgot all about it until I was trying to help you...

No problem. Me helping you also helps keep me sharp!

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.