AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source Destination Arrow Prompt

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Burnett-al
504 Views, 4 Replies

source Destination Arrow Prompt

Could someone tell me how to change the prompting for the destination arrow.  I placed the source arrow and checked the don't ask me again box on the destination arrow prompt.  I need to get this prompt box back.  It makes it difficult to place destination arrows when you have to go back in and manually add them on the same drawing.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Burnett-al
in reply to: Burnett-al

Figured it out.  Just need to restart the computer and it fixed the issue.

Message 3 of 5
hpenza
in reply to: Burnett-al

I need fill arrows desc fields w/crossed CMP:PIN from/to destinations

help me

Message 4 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: hpenza

Description fields require you to manually type in what you need the description to read.

There is no function to automatically fill in the description as this can vary.

It can be as you requested all the way through to a nonsense description that has nothing to do with the wire at all.

Most people place a description of the wire function (110V +DC TRIP SUPPLY as an example of one that I use a lot) rather than a component pin.

Also, in future questions, please indicate what release of ACADE and O/S that you  are using.

It gives those that are trying to help a better place to start when they try to answer the question.

Two similar problems in two releases may well have totally different causes and remedys and knowing the release from the start will help getting the right answer quicker.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
hpenza
in reply to: Icemanau

We really need to fill all the descriptions of the signal arrows with crossed CMP:PIN field of the Wire from/to report.

It take too much time to do that manually.

There is all the information in the database.

Wiring people ask for that. Maintenance people ask for that here.

They said that is very important to have crossed CMP:PIN labeling because you can follow the circuit without schemes.

In maintenance and emergency maintenance you don't have time to find the schemes. Then they want to find a problem following the wiring. Because of that my company requires that.

All the people that works in maintenance prefers crossed CMP:PIN labeling

[cid:265203013@17112014-36EC] [Bandera de Uruguay]
Thermal Power Stations Studies and Maintenance Department
Map:: http://maps.stcstm.org/?lat=-34.886186&lng=-56.196286&zoom=18&type=h
UTE website: www.ute.com.uy
Photo: http://r6---iad23t06.c.bigcache.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/56077365.jpg?ms=...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost