AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source and Destination Arrows Different Size

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
GrahamCzajkowski5995
2295 Views, 10 Replies

Source and Destination Arrows Different Size

After Installing Autocad 2013, the Source and Destination Arrows are now a different size. Everything works O.K. in Autocad Electrical 2012. Assume I have configuresd something worng, but I don't know what.

Arrow Size

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hello,  

I have checked this issue in the AutoCAD Electrical 2013, but I can't reproduce this issue.

Is it always reproducible in your side? If it is reproducible, can you provide the steps?

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11

Hello Robin,

I have used the Basic Templates provided with Autocad 2013

The fault is always reproducible

Process :-

Draw a couple of Horizontal Wires and a couple of Vertical Wires.

Selct source arrow.

Click on end of wire. Accept defaults.

OK to match arrow destination

Click on end of another wire for destination.

Using ACAD_ELECTRICAL_IEC.dwt

OK for Horizontal Arrows, but Vertical arrows and text really tiny.

Using ACAD_ELECTRICAL.dwt

All arrows and text really tiny

Using ACE_IEC_A3 color.dwt.

All arrows and text really tiny.

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I reckon it is either my settings or I am using the wrong template.

any help appreciated.

Message 4 of 11

Hello,   

The Source and Destination Arrows size is related to the symbol lib used in project settings.

So if you want to use the template for IEC, please make sure your project is IEC, and all the settings is IEC. I have checked if you create a new drawing with the IEC template in a IEC project, then the Arrow size don't have any issue.

The same if you want to use the template for JIC, then please make sure your project is JIC.

If you don't follow this, the symbol size will be problem. not only the Arrow size, but also for the other symbols i think.    

Thanks,  

Robin Shou  

Quality Assurance  

AutoCAD Electrical  

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11

I am having problems with the text associated with the source and destination arrows.  Verticle wires are fine but horizontal wires the text on the destination arrow is tiny.  The source text is fine.

Message 6 of 11

Robin, I cannot reproduce the error either.  I use arrow style 1 for IEC drawings on an A3 border and the arrows work just fine for both vertical and horizontal wires.  I am using the IEC4 library.  The only thing could think of that may be causing the problem for them is that somehow an arrow from the JIC library (25.4 times smaller than IEC) was inserted at some point and of course the AutoCAD engine is going to use an existing symbol on the drawing, even if it has been deleted but not purged, before it will use a fresh symbol from the library folder.  Perhaps if he deletes all arrows and runs the purge command to remove all unused blocks, the problem may be solved.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 11
jbender
in reply to: dougmcalexander

It is not the arrows that are different sizes. It is the text.
Message 8 of 11
dougmcalexander
in reply to: jbender

That makes so sense.  Mine works fine with the stock libraries.  Is it possible someone may have "tweaked" your symbols?

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 9 of 11
jbender

It is not the symbol for the arrow. It is the size of the text.
Message 10 of 11
dougmcalexander
in reply to: jbender

The visible text comes from attributes inside the symbol.  Each attribute has its own set of unique properties.  The text height, and width factor can be set for each attribute independently.

Doug McAlexander

Message 11 of 11
jbender

Thanks. I guess I just needed to know where to look. I don't know how that would have gotten changed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost