AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source & Destination arrows inserting at wrong end of wire

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
James.Searing
1203 Views, 10 Replies

Source & Destination arrows inserting at wrong end of wire

I am using AutoCad 2014 and am having problems inserting source and destination arrows. When I click one end of a wire in order to place the destination arrow it automatically plots the arrow at the opposite end. Has anyone experienced this or no what I did wrong to fix it?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

I don't have 2014, but that sounds like your Snap Mode or Object Snap may be affecting were the arrows are placed.

Message 3 of 11

I've tried with the snap mode on and off without any change in the problem.
Message 4 of 11
mathalekar
in reply to: James.Searing

I am not sure if this will help you but give a try.

Type command SNAP on command line

Select Legacy (L) when command prompt shows "SNAP Specify snap spacing or xxxxxxx" message.

This will revert AutoCAD Electrical to Legacy snap mode. Let me know if it resolves the issue. At my end i am unable to reproduce your case on AutoCAD Electrical 2014. May be a video to showcase will help to understand if above hint doesn't help.

Message 5 of 11
rhesusminus

If there is another (but "empty") destination signal on the other end, it WILL reuse this one, as one can only have 1 destination signal on the same wire network.

Try pressing CTRL+A in the drawing, and see if there are multiple "grips" (blue squares) at the end  where it "jumps" to, like in this picture:

Capture.PNG

If there is, try to delete this block.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 11
James.Searing
in reply to: rhesusminus

I tried both the snap technique described above and the CTRL+A. Neither one was successful. I even placed a horizontal wire on the page disconnected from the circuit. The arrow still jumped to the other end of the wire from the side I attempted to place it at.
Message 7 of 11
rhesusminus

Can you attach a drawing to a post, so that we could have a look?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 8 of 11
James.Searing
in reply to: rhesusminus

I think I solved that issue. I had a random wire on the far end of the work space. After deleting that it seems to be working fine so far on the current page, but another page in the project is having the same issue. There are not any stray wires in this issued page. The page that is "fixed" is now also showing a lot more parameters than I want it to as shown in the screenshot. How do I get rid of these? The "Hide attributes" command will not get rid of them.

Message 9 of 11
rhesusminus

Check to see if the ATTDISP variable is set to ON, by typing ATTDISP on the command line.

It should be set to Normal.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 10 of 11
hraats

I do have the same issue, with source and destination arrows ending up on the wrong end of the wire. Is there any solution for this problem?

It is very strange, due to this problem being linked to only one of the drawing.

Message 11 of 11

Hi,

It sounds like snap is turned on, this causes me some head scratching from time to time with source and destination codes.  This also can be a pin with auto wire numbers ending up at the start or end of a wire rather than middle.  Turn off snaps and see if this corrects the issue.

Andy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost