AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort in Table Generator not working.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hav
Participant
324 Views, 2 Replies

Sort in Table Generator not working.

Dear Sirs

I am trying to sort in Table Generator window by Location but it is impossible. Is it bug or I am doing something wrong? It is very inconvenient to select terminal strips in different rows if you have 5 or more different locations.

In Terminal Editor window sort function work correct.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: hav

There is no sort function for the Table Generator.  This is unfortunate.  Version 2013 also has an issue where it only adds the last drawing created by the Table Generator to to active project.  There is also an issue with the Drawing Descriptions for the drawings that get created by the Table Generator.  The first drawing gets =INST+LOC-TAGSTRIP correctly.  But the second drawing (i.e. second strip) gets the data for the first strip as DD1 and the data for the second strip as DD2.  The third drawing gets the data for the firs strip as DD1, the data for the second strip as DD2, and the data for the third strip as DD3.  After that, the remaining drawings get the exact same data as the third.  Of course what should happen is that the DD1 field of each drawing should get the Installation, Location, and strip ID of the terminal strip that the table on that drawing represents.  And of course it would be nice to be able to sort by strip ID, Location, etc., or a custom sort by MOve Up/Move Down or even better, a drag and drop.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
hav
Participant
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thank you Doug for good explanation.

I am also found that there is problem with adding generated drawings to active project and drawing descriptions, but thought that just I am doing something wrong.

I hope in next service pack it will be fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost