AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaky text attribute showing up in my titleblock

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
315 Views, 3 Replies

Sneaky text attribute showing up in my titleblock

Hello all,

I have a weird situation here. Our company is using a 'typical' titleblock created from our main engineering center, but I have noticed that when I update the titleblock, an attribute shows up at the bottom. It's upside down and is a copy of our drawing #. When I double click on it, it takes me to the drawing # attribute in the 'enhanced attribute editor', but that isn't the right attribute. This one I'm clicking on seems to be a copy, and is at the bottom of the list in 'enhanced attribute editor', and all of the text is in red. I don't understand what that means. And when I open the titleblock in 'block editor' I don't even see that attribute! Can someone explain to me what may be happening? And how this was set up originally? I'm attaching screenshots to show what I'm describing.

I'm using ACE 2010.

Thanks!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, If the attribute name is red, that means it is a duplicate of another attribute name.

Best way to fix it is to open the block itself as a dwg. This will cause all the attributes to show up as if you are creating the block.

Delete the problem attribute and save the file.

Now just update the block in your template and test it to see if it has fixed the problem.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
s.wile
in reply to: Anonymous

Remember to sync the attributes as well. ATTSYNC

Perhaps the block is correct but that instance has an extra attribute.

Home Tab, Block Panel drop down...
SyncATT.png

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: s.wile

Thank you! That was all it seemed to need. I didn't have the original drawing so I couldn't edit it that way. ATTSYNC did the trick.

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost