AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap Settings Behavior within Commands

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
joeljhelbig
447 Views, 1 Reply

Snap Settings Behavior within Commands

In 2012, the behavior of the grid snap within commands was changed so that it did not work within commands like "Hide Attribute" or "Hide Wire Number".  I really liked this new feature. Than service pack 1 for 2012 came out & GRIDSNAPLEGACY was added for people to use the original style (GRIDSNAPLEGACY=1). Also in SP1, several of the commands like "Hide Attribute" or "Hide Wire Number" had the snap turned back "ON" within the command even with GRIDSNAPLEGACY = 0. I didn't have a problem with this because I generally do not download service packs. So for the last year I have been floating around willy nilly in my unencombered by grid snap world, hiding attributes and wire numbers like some sort of free wheeling outlaw.

Then, I made a huge mistake. I loaded up 2013. I came to find out, with the help of a coworker that dutifully loads the service packs, that my free floating days of grid snap not being within attribute commands was over. After much crying & nashing of teeth, I have come to you, people of the internets, looking for help. Is there a way to customize which commands grid snap works within & does not. Can someone save me from a life of pumpimg the F9 key all day?. (Or toggling that crappy icon in the lower left corner off & on all the time.) Is there a way that this is customizable to each individual user? Someone! Anyone! Help me! Please!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mathalekar
in reply to: joeljhelbig

Hello,

SNAP command behavior inherit from ACAD implementation. However ACADE has some pre-sets for SNAP setting for it's own commands. After many complaints from customers we got back SNAP behavior via GRIDSNAPLEGACY variable settings via HOTFIX and then later that hotfix was as well included in SP1 of 2012.

However with 2013, ACAD team has integrated GRIDSNAPLEGACY behavior in SNAP command itself with LEGACY option selection. This option will exactly behave the same way as GRIDSNAPLEGACY settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost