AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Template Creation Issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aalterio
492 Views, 3 Replies

Smart Template Creation Issues

I am attempting to make some standard "smart" border templates for my company.  When making the templates I followed the steps detailed on http://www.ecadconsultant.com/tips.html for "12 easy steps to creating your own custom "smart" border template for AutoCAD Electrical." 

I have found that after I complete the .dwg and then save it as a .dwt the template seems to shrink in size and become too small.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with scale settings or not.  Can someone help shed some light on why this might be happening? I am attaching the .dwg file but am unable to attach the .dwt file Ii recieve an error from the forum that .dwt is not a valid extension type for an attachement).

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: aalterio

Just tried, and have no problems inserting the attached file into an empty drawing, and create a DWT-file out of it.

Using this new template for a new drawing works as expected.

Maybe you could zip your dwt-file before attahing it? 

Attached is my version of the template file. (2014 format)

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
aalterio
in reply to: rhesusminus

Rhesusminus-

I opened your file and the template is working like I want it to work.  I'm attaching a zip of my dwt file below, maybe I'm missing something when going from dwg to dwt?

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: aalterio

Hi.

Open your DWT-file and type UNITS on the command line. Then sett "units to insert..." to millimeters

Capture.PNG

Also, do a "Save As..." on your template, and set the template to be metric as well.

Capture.PNG

Now try to create a new drawing with your template 🙂

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost