AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small PLC attribute size

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mongerson
345 Views, 3 Replies

Small PLC attribute size

When I insert some PLC I/O modules, the attribute size is barely readable. After it is inserted I can chose attribute size by right clicking on an attribute and manipulate the size of attributes a number of ways, however I still have to arrange them one by one so that they don't over lap. Is there a simple way to enter components (such as PLC modules) with readable attributes that doesn't require re arranging?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Renorick
in reply to: mongerson

I found I can edit PLC module electrical "footprints" (not the panel layout, but the block to be inserted in a ladder) by using a tool you can find on the ACE: Main Electrical toolbar>Insert PLC flyout menu>Edit PLC Module. You'll have to edit each module individually, but it does allow turning on/off the insertion points, adjusting the height and width, etc., and you'll only have to do it once and save the changes. Haven't checked to see if the text sizes can be adjusted but it's worth a look. Also: there's some wierdness regarding the IO points. When you insert a PLC module, one of the dialog asks if you want to insert all or just the IO points in use. If you're just plunking down a module in a virgin ladder without relating it to an IO table, it will insert ALL IO points anyway. I attempted to insert a module with a choice of six rows of 16 inputs and got a PLC module with 108 input points. I went in and turned off most of the rows, except the rows we are using (not our choice of hardware-it's an EE spec......) lots of drop-down menus, option buttons, other stuff to look for. I feel really lucky I spotted this tool in the first place.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Check to make sure your project is pointing to the
correct schematic library. Also, check the drawing settings under Options ->
User Preferences -> Insertion Scale. There should be no need to change the
attributes after the module is built. It must be a setting somewhere that is
affecting this.

Pat Murnen

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
When
I insert some PLC I/O modules, the attribute size is barely readable. After it
is inserted I can chose attribute size by right clicking on an attribute and
manipulate the size of attributes a number of ways, however I still have to
arrange them one by one so that they don't over lap. Is there a simple way to
enter components (such as PLC modules) with readable attributes that doesn't
require re arranging?
Message 4 of 4
mongerson

Thanks Pat, The insertion size I think fixed my issue.

- Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost