AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal References

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ocean1
391 Views, 4 Replies

Signal References

New user ACE2012

How do I display a signal name (description) on a wiring diagram?

For example J1pin1 is the +6VDC Power Supply; pin 2 is the return, etc.

They come out fine on the report, I appear to be missing the keyword that unlocks the mystery in the help files.

Thanks for any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: ocean1

It depends on where you want the description to appear.

For the description to appear in the wire, look under the 'Wire Numer Leader' in the ribbon or under 'Wire number Miscellaneous' in the drop down menu.

There is the option insert an 'In-Line Wire Label'. Select the Manual option and you can manually type in what you want.

This is inserted into the wire at the location you click similar to a wire number.

Wire label.JPG

If you want the description to appear in terminal of the block, you will need to edit the block and add the TERMDESC## at the appropriate terminals.

You must set the ## to match the number used in the X?TERM##. This will associate the description with the connection point.

To edit these descriptions, you click on the 'Show/Edit Miscellaneous' button in the edit component dialog. Find the correct description line and fill it in.

When you exit, the description is added to the block.

IN BLOCK WIRE DESCRIPTION.JPG 

If you need to edit the block, make sure to open the block dwg seperately, make the changes and then save it, before you update any existing instances of the block.

I have attached the block used in the above picture that has TERMDESC attributes in it for you to experiment with.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
ocean1
in reply to: Icemanau

Exactly what I'm looking for!

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
ocean1
in reply to: Icemanau

Hello Brad,
Was there an attachment associated with this reply? I didn't see it attached.
Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: ocean1

I thought I had attached it.

No matter, here it is again.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost