AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Reference

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
475 Views, 5 Replies

Signal Reference

When I use Signal Error/List Report to fix my drawings, the below box comes on. Which tool should I use to fix this? I

Capture.JPG

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathalekar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Justine,

Try using project wide update to update your signal references. There is likely broken reference due to which these errors might be showing up. The command line for the project wide update is "AEPROJUPDATE". The icon is located in Project tools > Update / retag.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mathalekar

Thanks. I used that already but the box keeps coming up. I guess I will have to find another way around.

On this same note, I created some drawings on different subfolders. Is there a way I can disconnect this subfolders from talking with eachother or make each subfolder independent?Why I ask is because when I use the surfer or electrical audit it ties all the folder together which I don't want. 

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Justin,

No sure about your file folder issue (I can look into that), But you can fix the signal reference issue, using "Update Signal References"

(Schematic > Edit wires/ wire numbers Drop down > Update Signal References) "AEUPDATESIGREF".

If you still have the Issue, try a Project Rebuild (the command is loaded but not visable).

Goto the Big "A" (application menu) and type "Freshen" in the search bar at the top, look for Rebuild/Freshen Database.

You can normally fix it with "freshen only" but you might want to use "Full Rebuild".

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

you can also try to use Project -> projects-> rebuild/freshen database

This is an incredibly valuable tool to use, expecially when your terminal strips are not coming out correct and nothing seems to fix them.  try it and see if it helps.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Afutterer,

Looks like you have a custom panel created that has the "Rebuild/Freshen Database" tool.

Or maybe you are using the "Menu bar".

If so then it should be: Project from the menu bar > Projects > Rebuild/Freshen Database  Smiley Wink

It not a bad idea to add this to a custom panel.

As I had meationed in my post earlier he would have to search for it.

(either in the Menu bar, or in the application menu)

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost