AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal referances

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Yeletah
392 Views, 2 Replies

signal referances

Hi can anyone advise

I have a line of terminals on a sheet,

I have a 2" wires coming off each terminal (one wire per terminal)  horizontally 

on a different sheet - same project

I have 2" wires going from signal referances horizontally to terminals on a components (one wire per terminal)

how do i link the two?

it appears the square box sig ref HA2, works but only one per sheet

source and arrow signal appears to work but then gets confused, perhaps only one per sheet

It appears to partially work, but not reliably?

is what I am trying to do on AE possible?

Thanks

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: Yeletah

Steve,

What you are asking for is definitely possible with ACE.

You need to use Source/Destination code pairs to do this. Pick one drawing to be the source drawing. (It can be both but for simplicity I will assume one is Source and the other is destination)

On the source dwg, place the source signal arrows on each of the wires giving each a unique Sig Code.

On the Destination dwg, place the destination arrows where you want them and pick the sig code that matches from the list via Recent or Project.

This creates a one-to-one relationship between each source.destination pair. Although you can have one source with many destinations, this is not practical. It works better if each source.destination pair are unique.

Here is  the Wiki about this;

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2011/Help/User's_Guide/112WireWireNumberTools/13...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 3
Yeletah
in reply to: testsubject

Thanks

works great now! , I must have got confused earlierSmiley Happy

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost