AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal cross references and "read only" drawings...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
javier_gc
310 Views, 3 Replies

Signal cross references and "read only" drawings...

Hi, this is my first post after a couple of days looking for a similar and solved one...

I've been using AE 2012 during the last months, but I can't be sure if the problem I have was also experienced with 2011... I can't remember.

The problem I mean is mentioned on the fixed issues list of AE 2012 Service Pack 1: 

"Wire signal cross references fails to update when project-wide signal reference update is performed."

As a consequence of this, I suffered the problem related on the next line:

"Drawings become “Read Only” after performing project-wide wire signal cross reference update."

I've updated my Autocad to SP1, and now if I create a new project, and try to do the project-wide signal reference update, it works fine, but the projects I've done before installing the SP1, don't work, so I have to update the signal reference on each drawing. (so tiring)

My question is: How can I fix the "Read Only" state of the drawings in order to be able to update the entire project?

I've checked the "read only" box on the properties of the drawings with windows explorer, and it's switched-off in all of them.

When I try to do the project-wide update, the commands windows shows: 

Updating crossed references...

Checking read only drawings...

Drawing 1 of 20...

Drawing 2 of 20...

Done.

And nothing happens. Man Sad

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance, kind regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
javier_gc
in reply to: javier_gc

Nobody???

Message 3 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: javier_gc

You checked the file properties in Windows according to your post.

Did you check within the Project Manager? It could be that they have been marked as reference dwgs.

The indicator for this is the icon on the Project Manager is slightly greyed out in the 2008 version at least.

To fix, open the dwg properties and de-select the box marked 'For Reference Only' just under the 3 description lines.

Other than that, I can't help.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 4 of 4
javier_gc
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for your answer Brad,

The drawings are not marked as reference... 

It's a little weird, I think this can be a common problem that may happen to everyone using the sp0 acadE 2012. The fixed issue list should explain a little bit more the way to solve this.

I still looking for a way to fix it.

Best regards!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost