AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal arrows/wire numbersw that bring in an unwanted installation code...

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
darrell.l.gregg
365 Views, 4 Replies

Signal arrows/wire numbersw that bring in an unwanted installation code...

Here's a fun one.

While working on a project I noticed that when I edit a component and click on "drawing" under the installtion code window, I noticed an installation code "EXTRUDER SYSTEM" that is not supposed to be in this drawing (or the project for that matter, we changed that installation to "EXTRUDER_SYS").

When I do a "find replace component text" that installation code is no where to be found by that function.

As a matter of fact, after all components were checked, none contained that installation code ("EXRUDER SYSTEM").

After much puzzling I finally discovered that the signal arrows and the wire numbers associated with them were causing this "EXTRUDER SYSTEM" installation code to be in the drawing.

The attached drawing was WBlocked out of the drawing. One, or more, of the signal arrows is causing the edit component dialogue box to "see" the "EXTRUDER SYSTEM" installation code, even though no components actually have that attribute set to that value.

Signal arrows do not have the "inst" attribute, nor is any Xdata on the signal arrows putting the "inst" attribute on them that way.

Same with wire numbers, once the signal arrows AND the wire numbers are deleted, the "EXTRUDER SYSTEM" goes away.

Try WBlocking the signal arrows out, then bring them back in... the faulty installation code will reappear.

Anyone know how this can even be possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Your wire number blocks and signal arrows have xdata on them, VIA_WD_INST and VIA_WD_LOC. I don't know why they would or how it got there but that is where it is coming from when you pick the Drawing button when you edit a component.

I don't know of an automatic way to remove this xdata, but you can use the xdata editor provided (AEXDATA) to do it manually. 

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5

well I'll be danged.. I had checked some of the signal arrows but didn't see anything. it's not on all of them.

ran blockswap and that seemed to clean everything up.

Message 4 of 5

Glad the block swap worked. That was quicker than my suggestion to get rid of it.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5

Nate wrote me this LISP file whe nI was having problems with XDATA.

Maybe it can help someone else. Worked great for me...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost