AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing Terminal Block Jumpers in Schematics

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LOUBRA
5197 Views, 3 Replies

Showing Terminal Block Jumpers in Schematics

(using AutoCAD 2014)

Hello ACADE Community,

Before I start, I did comb through the forums trying to find a solution to my problem but I didn't find anything.

Let's say I build a terminal strip using two-tier terminals for power distribution.  (In the image below, terminal 100 and 101 are associated, 100 being the TOP level and 101 being the BOTTOM level, I want to jumper the odd terminals with the odds, and the even with the even)

jump001.jpg

Then I go to my Terminal Strip Editor and associate the terminals and assign proper jumpers.

See below.

jump002.jpg

So far so good...

Now, I don't see my jumper on my schematic.  So I right click on TERMINAL 100 and select TERMINALS > EDIT JUMPER.

I then select TERMINAL 100 again, and select "S" to show the jumper.  It shows the jumper... however, it doesn't maintain that graphic once I click away.

jump003.jpg

Now, others have suggested I simply show wiring to the terminals in a typical fashion, however, my reports see this as a wire and not a jumper bar (I assign part numbers to my jumper bars).

Is there a step I'm missing or perhaps I'm not toggling something correctly?

Let me know, thanks!

Lou Branchaud

Electrical Designer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: LOUBRA

Unfortunately you'll have to draw the jumpers manually in the schematics, or maybe insert a jumper chart via the Terminal Strip Editor.

I do it like this, with donuts an polylines:

SchematicJumper.png

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: LOUBRA

Create a wire type named JumperBar. Connect this wire type between terminals. A wire type with the word JUMPER in the name will be ignored from the wire from/to report. I insert graphical jumpers over my terminal strips after I insert the strips. These graphical jumper footprints are preloaded with the MFG and CAT data, so they can be ballooned, and so they appear in the BOM. I cover all of this at: www.ecadconsultant.com

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 4
LOUBRA
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks for the help.

What I ended up doing is simply drawing a dashed line through any jumpered terminals and I assign the mfg / cat information in the Terminal Strip Editor.

I also had the jumper chart & terminal layout shown on seperate pages.  I just thought there was an easy way to automatically show the jumpers.

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost