AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dump it? Should I reinstall it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
119 Views, 1 Reply

Should I dump it? Should I reinstall it?

The problems just keep coming. I'm going to uninstall both AcadE 2004 and 2006 and hope that it solves the problem. Or am I just the only one? Also how do I keep all the parimatric builds and catalog updates that I have made. Should I have a need to reinstall. Because in just crached and is justr haning there with a fatal error and I have to force it down. This is happening more and more. Please Advise!!!!!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are upgrading from ACE2004 to ACE2006, there is a utility to migrate all of your ACE2004 DAT files into the ACE2005 MDB file. Go to PROJECTS>EXTRAS>PLC DAT File to MDB Conversion. I had dozens of custom DAT files that came into the MDB format OK. You can also merge the parts database catalogs in the same place.

I don't recall for certain, but it seems to me that there are issues with ACE2006 and ACE2007 being install along side of ACE2004. If you un-install and re-install ACE2006 after un-installing ACE2004, do not reinstall ACE2004. Perhaps someone else can shed more light on this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost