AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHEET NUMBERS ON TABBED LAYOUTS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
497 Views, 2 Replies

SHEET NUMBERS ON TABBED LAYOUTS

Normally I use separate drawing files for multi-sheet drawings, in which case the sheet numbering in the title block update works just fine, even our biggest schematics (up to 20 sheets).

Some of our large electrical panel assembly drawings, however, require several sheets containing detail views, and the only way I have been able to do that is to have them on layout tabs in the same drawing file.  In this case I always have to add sheet numbers manually. 

So my question is multi-part.

1. is there any way to put views of an assembly on multiple drawings without having to duplicate the model in each drawing file?

If not...

2. is there any way to have the title block update put different sheet numbers in the title blocks of several layouts contained in the same drawing file?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

As far as I'm aware, ACADE is still not set up to use multiple layout sheets. It will work fine with the first layout tab but not with subsequent ones. You can have multiple layout tabs but just have to update all the additional title blocks manually.

That said, you can do a XREF (not cross reference but EXTERNAL REFERENCE) to the first dwg from each additional dwg that is needed. Go to Insert, and select DWG REFERENCE. This has the advantage of allowing any changes to the main dwg to be shown on each dwg that references without editing them. If you set the XREF in the Model Space and then use Viewports in a Layout tab, you can zoom in to where you need with no problems.

Regards Brad 

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

XREF!  I haven't used that in years.  Thanks, I'll try it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost