AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Maximum

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
STEVENAR
1000 Views, 6 Replies

Sheet Maximum

Can someone advise if it is possible to add an attribute to each drawing in a project with this mapped to Sheet Maximum which should count the total no. of sheets in the project without having to go back and re-create my template thus re-create the project again. I understand how to set-up this functionality in the title bock set-up. However I am trying to avoid having to go back to the beginning.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: STEVENAR

Open your template as a dwg and add the new attribute. If you use the WD_TB attribute method to do your mapping, add the attribute to this now. Save it as a template again and then do a save as and save it as a dwg.

Now open the first dwg in your project. Do a project wide swap/update and update the title block for all the dwgs in the project using the dwg file you saved from your template file.

If you use any of the WDT methods, you would now update the title block mapping.

Finally, do a project wide title block update and select the sheet max attribute to update while everything else is de-selected.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 7
STEVENAR
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi,

Thanks for that. Can you confirm if it is the AESWAPWDM command I use.

Message 4 of 7
STEVENAR

Sorry I meant to say I am using the WD_TB mapping.

Message 5 of 7
Icemanau

I'm not sure of the command that get's typed in. I use the Swap/Update Block menu button.

As the title block is just another block, this command will either swap or update the block as needed with no problems.

Regards Brad

Message 6 of 7
STEVENAR
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi,

Thanks for that. I have identified the swap/update block command. However when I run the command the block is updated throughout the project which is what i need. However it looses the WD_TB mapping. Please can you advise.

Message 7 of 7
Icemanau

If anything, the update should be filling in the WD_TB attribute with the data in the old title block.

The attached lisp file from Nate Holt will go through the project and fill in the required data in the required attribute.

Just copy it from the zip file to your Lisp directory, and type appload.

Load the lisp file and then exit the appload function

Now open up a new dwg with the correct WD_TB data, double click on the title block and select the WD_TB attribut from the list. Highlight all the data for the attribute and hit CTRL-C

To start the function, type dbx_dwgprops at the command prompt.

Select the title block, then the WD_TB attribute

Now hit CTRL-V to paste the data you copied earlier with CTRL-C

Finish going through the rest of the dialogs and let the lisp run through.

You should find the correct information in the WD_TB attribue now.

Regards Brad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost