AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Icon Menu

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
880 Views, 2 Replies

Sharing Icon Menu

I have AutoCAD Electrical 2010. I made a bunch of symbols and saved them to the icon menu. Inside the icon menu I made a bunch of submenus to organize the new components. I want to figure out how I can share my icon menu with my coworkers. I tried giving them a copy of my wd.edv file, one of them replaced theirs with mine but it didnt change anything about his autocad, that we have noticed. Also if I want to make an icon out of a drawling that was downloaded. Does it need to be save in the Symbol Builder first?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

Open your ACADE and activate a project.

Make sure that you have the correct icon menu by starting to insert a component.

Now open the PROJECT PROPERTIES and under the Project Settings tab, expand the Schematic Icon Menu File entry.

This will give you the name of the file to copy over to your co-workers computers.

They will then need to make sure that their system uses the file by modifying their Project Settings.

NOTE - unless the blocks themselves are on a network server with mapped drives, you will need to copy all the custom blocks as well. If you used a hard coded path to the blocks, you will need to set up the exact same path on their systems. If you just have the block name in the Icon menu system, they will just have to be somewhere in the project search path.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

When I made my Symbols I saved them to a shared drive. I copied my Schematic Icon Menu File, which is also on a shared drive, to a coworkers computer. I also mapped the schematic library path to the computer. When I open the Icon menu, the icons and folders are not populted with the icons and folders that I added to my Icon Menu.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost