AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up profiles to work remotely.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
407 Views, 3 Replies

Setting up profiles to work remotely.

I have engineers that work from home frequently and another offsite office that will need access to our main network for the symbol library. What is the best way to set this up? Our licenses are all stand-alone. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Scott,

Well Depending on your network you could use a VPN Connection.

If your standalone licenses are on subs (Subscription) you can load them on home machines.

If you want you could also setup a vault which, would allow you to store the Files on the network and you could check them out for use on the machines (you get a local copy).  (so you get local performance and network sharing)

Normally you would use a laptop for this, but you could setup a desktop at home with it as long as it has vpn access.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply! VPN is painfully slow. I was looking into more of a profile for home and then a profile for at work where it finds the office network. For actual files we will be using Vault in the near future. I'm focusing now on just the symbol library, templates, etc.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Scott,

You could store the a Copy of the libraries, and templates in the vault.

You would end up mapping the Templates and Libraries to a local drive (C:vault workspace).

That way you can share (and manage) the libraries but keep them local, you would have to check for updates to the Libraries through the vault client but it works. 

Regards,

James Alger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost