AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a New PLC Style Default

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Outbound
541 Views, 8 Replies

Setting a New PLC Style Default

I am setting up and testing the Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility with considerabl;e success.  I have also successfully created a new PLC Style number, which I intend ti use as a default setting.  Basically, the Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility, and the new PLC Style are working great.

I have identified the new PLC Style (#9 in my case) on all screens that I have seen, particularly the "Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Setup" dialog box.  In my test runs, some PLC appear in the new style #9, and others do not.  I cannot find a single instance where a dialog box does not reflect my preference of Style #9.

How do I set the default PLC style to #9, so that all spreadsheet gernerated PLC's reflect that style?

Thanks as always!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
testsubject
in reply to: Outbound

Did you create a new HP9XXXXXXX and VP9XXXXXXX for each drawing in style 1? (There should be 40 of each)

If so, not sure what is happening.

I have fould errors in the files before (most noticably, the VP drawings for IEC are reversed (Left instead of right and vice versa)

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 9
Outbound
in reply to: testsubject

Yes.  In my case, Style 4 bwas closest to what I wanted.  I copied the Hp4XXXXX files, edited them as needed, and resaved them as Hp9XXXXX.

Message 4 of 9
testsubject

You did what I would have done so I am not sure what is going on. Maybe one of the ACE reps can chime in.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 5 of 9
Outbound
in reply to: testsubject

SIMPLE ERROR ON MY PART.

I changed the Hp9XXXX files for inputs, but not for outputs.  Input cards looked great, and I assumed victory, before finishing the task.  It's all good now.  

Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 9
testsubject

Glad I could help (sorta).  Smiley Wink

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 7 of 9
Outbound

Here's a related follow-up...

I have found that PLC style file Hp9wa-d.dwg can be edited to adjust the location of ladder line descriptions, among other things, for input cards.

However, when a combination card comes along, which is located in the center iof the ladder, the descriptions are located inside the ladder.  This seems to be because the same file is used (Hp9wa-d.dwg), and the descrfiptions are the same distance from the terminal.

I do not see a way to correct the default settings, since input terminals could be located in the center or near one edge of the ladder.

Suggestion?

Message 8 of 9
testsubject

With Combo-cards, I create a ladder that is 1.5-2 times wider than my normal ladder and then locate the combo-card in the middle. The description will be "inside" the ladder but I find that it was not a problem if I leave enough room on the sides.

I hope that helps.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 9 of 9
electricman1

Another option to consider is to update the *.wdp file. You would have to do the following: 

1. Create a new directory with modified Hp1XXXXX (I forget which style acade defaults to: Hp1, Hp2, Hp3, Hp4, etc….). If multiple users exist a mapped network drive may work best.

2. Change the *.wdp file to look for the directory with the modified Hp1XXXXX with highest priority. Search for the following text in the *.wdp file:

"+[1]c:/.../autodesk/acade 2012/jic125/;....."

and change it so acade will first look in a mapped "p" drive (I chose a mapped "p" drive for an example only). Add the new custom directory just like the bold/italic text below (don't forget the ";"):

"+[1]p:/acade2012/custom_jic125/;c:/.../autodesk/acade 2012/jic125/;....."

The custom files on the "p" drive will be selected first. Setting up the *.wdp file will make life a lot easier on a project by project basis. As a bonus, other acade drafters will not require any custom settings. Also, future acade upgrades will automatically use the custom “p” drive as default.

PS. If you need help creating the spreadsheet I recommend the following website: RackLayout.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost