AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.set parameters

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gcsjlewis
349 Views, 5 Replies

.set parameters

Does anyone know where i can find a list of parameters and what all this means? 

Report = Panel Bill of Material (BOMPNL)
Format = (0 16 1 2 3 4 6  (7 4 3 ))
Title = ("ITEM" "QTY" "SUB" "CATALOG" "MFG" "ASSYCODE" "DESCRIPTION" "DESC" "QUERY2" "QUERY3" "MISC1" "MISC2" "USER1" "USER2" "USER3" "TABNAM" "TAGS" "DESC1" "DESC2" "DESC3" "INST" "LOC" "UM" "HDL" "DWGIX" )
Characters = (12 4 4 60 24 24 60 60 60 60 60 60 24 24 24 32 24 60 60 60 24 16 60 18 12 )
Justification = ("R" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "R" "R" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" "L" )
Sorting = (16 5 4 4 )
Include Options = ("1" "0" "1" "1" "1" "1" "0" "0" "0" "1" "0" "0" "0" "0" "" )
Location Options = (1 nil )
Installation Options = (1 nil )
Table Options = ("0" "1" "0" "0" "0" "1" "1" "0" "0" "0" "" "" "0" "0" )
Table Settings = (0.1000 1.0000 0.2533 "PITEM" 1 1 1 256 256 256 "" "" "" "" "0" "col_varies" "" ("16.4463" "16.7126" "0.0" ) )
Table Fix Options = ("0" "0" "0" "0" "0" "0" )
Table Layout = (0.7200 0.7200 0.6200 0.6200 1.0200 0.6200 1.4200 )
Table Insertion = 0

I would like to try and customize my panel bom a little more but i think i need some more info...specifically table options and table settings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dbrblg
in reply to: gcsjlewis

I would also like to know the answer to this....has anyone found the answer?

Message 3 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: dbrblg

Why would you do this in the .SET-file? All these settings are controlled with a GUI in the report generator.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 6
dbrblg
in reply to: gcsjlewis

I don't believe the GUI allows me to do all the changes I require.

I did a Report Format File Setup which originally put a BOM on the drawing.  I since require the BOM to be saved to a file instead but there is no way I can find to stop it being put on a drawing as well as being saved to a report.  

I wanted to go in there and remove the parts which are responsible for putting it on the drawing.

Message 5 of 6
rhesusminus

Seems like if these lines exist in the .SET-file it's inserted into a drawing:

Table Options
Table Settings
Table Fix Options
Table Layout
Table Insertion

And the same with these lines, to save to a file:

Output File Type
Output File Name

So, just remove the lines that you don't want.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 6
gcsjlewis

Personally, I was looking at a couple of API commands that would help automate this process. I was hoping for some insight on understanding this file structure, and maybe able to write a lisp that would automate a couple steps. Every panel layout drawing I resequence the item numbers, rebuild the project database, then run the panel report. All the default settings for our panel layout is stored here in the .set file. I just wasn't sure if there is a way of understanding what all of this means. I just figured if someone knew, and I understood what it means I could take this a step farther.

Thanks

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost