AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selector Switch

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1322 Views, 3 Replies

Selector Switch

Hello Everyone I think AutoCAD Electrical is a great product which can solve many of my problems. However, I have a different representation of Selector swithch as follows:- P1, P2, P3 and P4 are different positions of the switch. A black dot indicates terminals would be connected if the switch is on them. So for the first line, the terminals would be connected if switch is at P1 or P2 Several such instances of the switch occur in the whole schematic to denote whereever another way of Selector Switch is required. Any ideas ... ? Thanks and Regards Abhishek Singhal
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
IsaacLinnett
in reply to: Anonymous

This selector switch is part of the Australian standards symbol library. Currently the AS library does not exist so you will have to create your own symbol.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

If you are using Acade 2006 you may consider trying to create a Dynamic Block for this switch and have the contact points linked to show/noshow, I'm just starting to mess with it myself and it looks promising.
Message 4 of 4
testsubject

For multi-position switches I use the "State" box within the "Switch Position" box of the "Insert/Edit Component" dialog box.

For the Switch positions "On" state I use an "X" else I use "O" for all off states.

For example, a two position normally open switch would have "OX" in that box. A three position switch (all N.O.) in the first position would have "XOO"

Maybe you could use this...

Robert Hanrahan
ACE user since 1998

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost