AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selector Switch Child contact with POS1,2 attributes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
it.sjerhombus
890 Views, 5 Replies

Selector Switch Child contact with POS1,2 attributes

Hello,

I am currently setting up a block library for our company. I've noticed that the Selector switch child contact does not show the position tags. We would like to be able to show these as we have panels with multiple 2 & 3 position selector switches with parent/child contacts across multiple pages.

I've made a child block with the POS1-3 tags.(attached, jic125 scaled up 1.25) When you assign a parent, it does not fill in the POS1-3 tags. Is there a solution for this?

I also would like to do this for the COLOR tag on other blocks.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sonny3g
in reply to: it.sjerhombus

If I understand you correctly, you want the state of the contact to be automatically filled in when you insert the symbol?  You can do that by adding text to the TEXTVALUE of the partnumber for the contact you are inserting.  For instance an AB 800B-PT01 is a 1NC contact block.  Enter in the TEXTVALUE field the following STATE=XO to indicate it is closed in the left hand position and open in the right hand position.  The problem you will have is when you use the same contact block on a 3 or more position selector switch.

We just enter the position state at the time we place the symbol and fill in the Edit/Insert Component dialog box.  See image below.

state.PNG

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: sonny3g

What the sjerhombus is saying is that the CHILD contacts are not loading the POS attributes from the parent contact when associating them to the parent. The only way I have found to have the POS attributes propagate down to the child contacts is to EDIT the parent after all the child contacts are inserted. Change the POS values, exit out of the edit, select yes to changing the child contacts, and then editing the parent again to place the correct values in the POS again. Regards Brad
>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
it.sjerhombus
in reply to: Icemanau

This is the effect that I am reffering to. Is this the only solution?

Message 5 of 6
sonny3g

I am just in the habit of always entering the state of the contact block when I insert it manually because the desired state is not always the same.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 6 of 6
Icemanau

I brought this up quite a while back and so far, haven't seen any action on it.

The work around I gave is the only one I know of that works. There may be other workarounds, but I haven't come across them.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost