AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script breaks Project Navigation Buttons

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JCard
689 Views, 6 Replies

Script breaks Project Navigation Buttons

We have a page setup script that we were running successfully in 2011 and now seems to break in 2012.  Has the plot configuration changed?  We have also noticed that when the script bombs out, the Previous and Next Buttons for Project Navigation no longer work and require a session shutdown of ACADE 2012.  It seems as if there are a different set of plot configuration inputs between the 2011 and 2012 releases...???  We have managed to find what seems to bomb our script, but not the navagation buttons after the script breaks.

We typically use the Project Utilities (Project Tab > Project Tools > Utilities) to apply the page setup to our project drawings for plotting.

I have attached the old and the corrected script for review and troubleshooting. (keep in mind that these are set for our plotter PC3 and color table CTB files, so you will have to modify these to match your setup.)

JCard
Electrical Designer
Logical Systems, LLC
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: JCard

As far as I can see, the script you used in 2011 was wrong. There was a couple of y's and n's too much. but these error didn't cause any trouble, as they were in the end of the command string, and only caused a couple of "unknown command" errors, before the qsave was executed.

The script that works with both 2011 and 2012 are:

(command "-plot" "Yes" "Model" "Fax" "Letter" "Millimeters" "Landscape" "No" "Extents" "Fit" "0,0" "Yes" "Monochrome.ctb" "Yes" "As" "No" "Yes" "No" "qsave")

The questions asked by the -plot command are the same for both 2011 and 2012 as you can see here:

AutoCAD 2012:
Command: -plot
Detailed plot configuration? [Yes/No] <No>: Yes

Enter a layout name or [?] <Model>: Model
Enter an output device name or [?] <Fax>: Fax
Enter paper size or [?] <Letter>: Letter
Enter paper units [Inches/Millimeters] <Millimeters>: Millimeters
Enter drawing orientation [Portrait/Landscape] <Landscape>: Landscape
Plot upside down? [Yes/No] <No>: No
Enter plot area [Display/Extents/Limits/View/Window] <Extents>: Extents
Enter plot scale (Plotted Millimeters=Drawing Units) or [Fit] <Fit>: Fit
Enter plot offset (x,y) or [Center] <0.00,0.00>: 0,0
Plot with plot styles? [Yes/No] <Yes>: Yes
Enter plot style table name or [?] (enter . for none) <monochrome.ctb>: 
monochrome.ctb
Plot with lineweights? [Yes/No] <Yes>: Yes
Enter shade plot setting [As displayed/legacy Wireframe/legacy Hidden/Visual 
styles/Rendered] <Legacy wireframe>: As
Write the plot to a file [Yes/No] <N>: No
Save changes to page setup [Yes/No]? <N> Yes
Proceed with plot [Yes/No] <Y>: No

AutoCAD 2011:
Command: -plot
Detailed plot configuration? [Yes/No] <No>: Yes

Enter a layout name or [?] <Model>: Model
Enter an output device name or [?] <None>: Fax
Enter paper size or [?] <Letter>: Letter
Enter paper units [Inches/Millimeters] <Millimeters>: Millimeters
Enter drawing orientation [Portrait/Landscape] <Portrait>: Landscape
Plot upside down? [Yes/No] <No>: No
Enter plot area [Display/Extents/Limits/View/Window] <Display>: Extents
Enter plot scale (Plotted Millimeters=Drawing Units) or [Fit] <Fit>: Fit
Enter plot offset (x,y) or [Center] <-13.65,11.55>: 0,0
Plot with plot styles? [Yes/No] <Yes>: Yes
Enter plot style table name or [?] (enter . for none) <>: Monochrome.ctb
Plot with lineweights? [Yes/No] <Yes>: Yes
Enter shade plot setting [As displayed/legacy Wireframe/legacy Hidden/Visual 
styles/Rendered] <As displayed>: As
Write the plot to a file [Yes/No] <N>: No
Save changes to page setup [Yes/No]? <N> Yes
Proceed with plot [Yes/No] <Y>: No 

I can't however, reproduce the error you got, that the navigation stops to work when something goes wrong in your script. I've tried to create error in the script manually, but it still works as it's supposed to.

Maybe the problems are drawing oriented, and that's why I can't reproduce the error? Could you post a drawing where the script stops?

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 7
rwydesk500
in reply to: rhesusminus

I was looking for an answer to a similar question.

The issue I am experiencing has to do with the Tabs getting 'hung up' after running a script through Project Tools > Utilities. After running a script on a set of drawings, I end up with the first open drawing I had (in order to run the script), but the user interface shows two (2) drawing Tabs (which would normally indicate two drawings open).

If I try to cursor select the other Tab, there is no response. If I try to switch to the other Tab with Ctrl/Tab, there is no response. There appears to be only one actual drawing open, but two Tabs showing.

If I shut down AutoCAD Electrical 2015 and restart, the problem goes away until I run another script. Any script seems to cause this, although I don't think the problem always occurs - it's intermittent.

I experienced this issue using ACE 2014, but had to put up with it at the time. Any ideas how running a script can cause this? Has anyone else experienced the issue?

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2016
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: rwydesk500

If you run the command FILETABCLOSE followed by FILETAB, to turn it back on, does that fix the problem?

Maybe you can incorpotrate those commands into your script :D?

But I'm pretty sure it's annoying 🙂

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 7

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you described with the tabs. Do you have all service packs installed? I have seen some issues of running scripts when SDI=1 but you must have it set as SDI=0 since you are seeing the tabs, right?

One thing that might help determine the cause is to do the following (uppercase means type at command line) and then post the log file.

1. LOGFILEON

2. AEONLISPDEBUG

3. run your script

4. AEOFFLISPDEBUG

5. LOGFILEOFF

6. LOGFILENAME (this tells you the name and folder of the log file).

Then post the log file here and I can take a look at it. and see if it provides any clues.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
rwydesk500
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Sorry for the delayed response...

Yes I do in fact have the service packs installed.

Please find attached the log file "PP45G8SH2_1_1_8200.log".

I just ran the script "FES_PSETUPIN_02.scr" (see attached) on five (5) drawings, using AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (Project tools > Utilities).

...and guess what... the problem is not there this time. As I believe I eluded to before, it is very intermittent. I ran the same script about a half hour ago and did experience the problem with the tabs UI.

Thanks for your time!

Rick

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2016
Message 7 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: rwydesk500

I am not sure if it is related, but from the log file it looks like the script is trying to import setups that do not exist and then gets out of sync with the prompts for what is in the rest of the script. You might want to take a look at the drawings you are using the -PSETUPIN command on to make sure the page setups exist. Make sure the script runs without any issues on the active drawing before running it on multiple drawings using the Project-Wide Utilities. I doubt that will resolve it, but let me know. Other than that I didn't learn much from the log file.

When it happens again can you take a screen capture and post that? It may help.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost