AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scratch database and signal wire number question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
m_simons
416 Views, 2 Replies

scratch database and signal wire number question

Hey,

I'm writing a utility that automates some usage of signals. I'm having an issue with wire numbers updating correctly on the destination portion of the signal. I can run a (c:ace_update_WFRM2ALL 1) to update the scratch database (and apparently it does some other things) then the destinations will update with the correct wire number.

It would be immensely better if the utility didn't have to run (c:ace_update_WFRM2ALL 1) every time a signal was processed. So what I did was open up the scratch database and try to shove my wire numbers in there manually. I notice wire numbers are in the following tables SIG, WNUM, WIRESEG, WNETLST. I open a file handle and push the wire numbers in via SQL statements. I can watch the correct information being populated, however when I go to the destination and update the signal after pushing the wire numbers in, ACADE still pulls old or ??? wire number values from...somewhere. Where does ACADE store this information? It would be extremely benificial to update this information one signal at a time instead of refreshing the entire database.

Any info would be hugely appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: m_simons

If you push the wire numbers into the database, you must immediately update the drawings from the database.  This is not a normal function for AcadE, since the database gets updates from the drawings.  But you can push data into the database and have it reflected in the drawings.  You just have to force an update of the drawings from the MDB using the command found on the Import/Export Data menu tab.  (see attached screen capture)

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
m_simons
in reply to: m_simons

I checked into updating from the MDB, it still isn't quite what I need.

I found a way around this updating problem, but the utility I wrote is now a giant cludge. (it goes through each drawing, and creates a list of souce/destinations that need to be updated, then it has to go BACK and update all the drawings after I run a (c:ace_update_WFRM2ALL 1)

How does ACADE "link" the source and destination information? I would like to force updates "real time" instead of running (c:ace_update_WFRM2ALL 1)

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost