AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

schneider catalog data base

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
simian
1578 Views, 13 Replies

schneider catalog data base

I have searched this forum and found a number of references to the lack of Telemecanique and Merlin Gerin catalog data base information avaliable, All these posts are pretty old and not much help to me.
Is anyone willing to share their database info with me for these products. I am trying to get some answers from Scheider atm but as always it is slow and painful.
If there are others in the same boat as me (large Tele/MG users) out there perhaps we need to pool our resources to help each other out. If I get some joy from Schieder I will post this data base on this forum.
Sim.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
lkirkup
in reply to: simian

I have been onto Autodesk about this because in the ACE2007 directories I noticed that Merlin Gerin & Telemecanique blocks have been supplied but no database for inserting them.
I was told that it was only included in the French version as the database was supplied by Schnieder in French only.
Apparently they are working on an English version, but I guess we'll have to buy the next version of ACE to get it.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

you wont get an honest answer from both sides on this but here is the simple truth

group schieder pay the arch enemy promis e to include there complete database including blocks in promis e

group schieder have a technical alliance called affinity which promis e is part of next time the group scheider rep comes to your company ask him about electrical cad software and see what he recomends

needless to say there ins no cooperation between autodesk and group schieder so what you see is whats been coblled together by
various autodesk type people

incidently i have the promis e databases but have yet to find anybody at autodesk who can give me a straight answer about importing other peoples technical data

the stock responce is find an similar entry in acade and copy and edit the contents

which is ok if youve got under 100 items to enter but over the years ive now got a spreedsheets and databases for over 250,000 items
Message 4 of 14
MartinLee

When I came into the ACE world serveral years ago, there wasn't much of a part database so I was forced to buld my own. This was done mostly on an "as needed" basis, so I didn't spend a lot of up front time with it. The nice thing is that I have a database that is in the format that I am used to looking at. It may not have all of the data for each part, but it gets the materials purchased with some idea of what a part is.

I don't know who made the entries for the recent catalogs, but from what I have seen, I prefer to keep my custom database. And no offense is intended to anyone here. I've looked at the latest catalog, and in my humble opinion there is just way too much information in the descriptions, etc. And there doesn't seem to be much of a logical pattern to it. It looks like non-electrical people have read MFG's catalogs and made the entries from that, without having a clue about what he parts are. OK, so I am a bit judgemental. I beg forgiveness!

Most of the part numbers that I would use don't match the company stardards, but we are a bit different than the rest of the industry. We don't order a complete pushbutton. We assemble the operator, contact block, etc. from a stock of parts, so that's the way the BOM is listed.

Of course, the out of the box database has to contain the parts for many MFGs so that it is useful for everyone. Unfortunately, as mentioned in other posts in this thread, some companies are not too willing to part with their information. So much for the common good of the industry. It's all about contracts and money. Did I mention that it's all about money?
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:46:42 +0000, simian wrote:

> I have searched this forum and found a number of references to the lack of Telemecanique and Merlin Gerin catalog data base information avaliable, All these posts are pretty old and not much help to me.
> Is anyone willing to share their database info with me for these products. I am trying to get some answers from Scheider atm but as always it is slow and painful.
> If there are others in the same boat as me (large Tele/MG users) out there perhaps we need to pool our resources to help each other out. If I get some joy from Schieder I will post this data base on this forum.
> Sim.

Is there any mfg's making catalogs that is easy to import into ACADE?
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

I have fount the French database and dwg's from Telemecanizue, Legrand and
Merling Gering. All text is in french, but it works in ACADE 2007.

Get it here:

http://tinyurl.com/lm3nw

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 17:22:57 +0000, Kristian Kleiveland wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:46:42 +0000, simian wrote:
>
>> I have searched this forum and found a number of references to the lack of Telemecanique and Merlin Gerin catalog data base information avaliable, All these posts are pretty old and not much help to me.
>> Is anyone willing to share their database info with me for these products. I am trying to get some answers from Scheider atm but as always it is slow and painful.
>> If there are others in the same boat as me (large Tele/MG users) out there perhaps we need to pool our resources to help each other out. If I get some joy from Schieder I will post this data base on this forum.
>> Sim.
>
> Is there any mfg's making catalogs that is easy to import into ACADE?
Message 7 of 14
colin.roberts

I have found that are some drawings on the Schnieder website. Go to :

http://schneider.bsky.net/internet/pws/pws.nsf/luAllByID/8E1C773AC8817A8E802570C7003B8E43?open#

Type "cad drawings" into the quick search and this then navigates you to a registration page.

Once registered and logged in type "cad library" into the search and navigate from there.

If there is a way to convert this wmf files then they may be helpful.

Colin
Message 8 of 14
miles.nicholson

From the Insert dropdown in AutoCAD, select the Metafile option to insert a WMF file. In addition any DXF or DWG footprint can ne used in AE as it inserts Xdata (intelligence) on the fly.
If you have Access, you can import Excel data into an Access table which could be thousands of components. You just need to filter your Excel table into the product groupings before doing this.
Message 9 of 14
dougmcalexander

Miles is directed you very well. I just added 440 parts to a customer's database. They delivered the list to me in Excel. I imported all 440 part numbers, manufacturers, etc. into the database using MS Access 2003. Any version of Access, 2000 or later, will open the default_cat.mbd for editing or additions.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 10 of 14
pic_pic

I can share a part of database of merlin gerin (CB for IEC for example) witch was manually typed by me.But don't forget i'm from Belgium and i think you are working with different materials in your country.
You can send me information's.
Message 11 of 14
pic_pic

Here you can find a part of my CB list of Merlin + Télémécanique (attachment CB.xls).

Everybody can add his own TELE + MG database. I think it's the only way to upgrade the default_cat.mdb

Best regards.
Message 12 of 14
hansk

The Schneider Catalog, included footprints you can find on http://www.autocad-electrical.com under Downloads

The zipfile contains:

o Installation instructions
o Schneider Database (English)
o Footprints Telemecanique
o Footprints MerlinGerin
Message 13 of 14
MTE Controls

Thank You! This is nice to keep updating the catalogs. But why is it only in the Netherlands that we can get this catalog?

If it is an Autodesk catalog then, why is there not a central list so that users can find and update there catalogs as needed?

Just a thaought.
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

my telecmecanique database from promis e has 15,000 components
your telemechnique datgabase has only 7,000 parts so may i sudjest its incomplete !!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost