AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic to Panel problems with 2011

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
keithjk
675 Views, 1 Reply

Schematic to Panel problems with 2011

We recently upgraded to AutoCAD Electrical 2011 and I suddenly noticed that when we run the schematic to panel option, 3 breaker footprints are inserted for one 3-pole breaker. 

Attached is a screen shot and the schematic block for the breaker.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: keithjk

You control which footprint is inserted according to your entry in the footprint database. 

I notice that your symbol has a custom name.  So I suspect that you copied existing symbols and modified to make your own variation.  However, it appears that your HCB2_Chroma symbol has an MFG and CAT attribute.  This should not be.  I therefore suspect that you created HCB1_Chroma and copied it to create HCB2_Chroma.  While you correctly changed the name of attribute TAG1 to TAG2, you failed to delete the MFG and CAT attributes.  In this case, the child symbol should not include MFG and CAT.  This triggers the Footprint Lookup to insert the footprint for each pole of the 3-pole symbol.

Hint: 3-pole fuses are an exception.  We cover this in my JIC/NFPA training course.  I also cover this briefly on the tips and tricks page of my web site. Look for the menu item entitled, "Representing 1-pole and 3-pole fuses with the same Footprint".

Note:  The class designation of DISC is reserved for disconnect switches.  Since this is a circuit breaker, your TAG1 and TAG2 default value should be CB, not DISC.  Make sure the FAMILY attribute value matches as well.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost